Thursday, November 13, 2008

El Matador Beach in Malibu


Two weeks ago we had our first ever "speed dating" portrait session at El Matador beach in Malibu. As mentioned in a previous post, it was a little bit of organized chaos. There were 9 students photographers, 9 families, and myself as the moderator and instructor. I snapped a few just to make sure the families were "covered" with a couple good shots. As I edit through all the student work, I am impressed with how much they were able to adapt and learn that day. I'll be posting some of my favorites as I work through them all. Here are some of mine from the day.

If you want to go to this location here are some simple directions:
The best way to get there would be to take the 101 to Kanan and head toward the beach. Once you get to PCH turn Right. Drive for a bit passing Zuma Beach then Broad beach then you will see a sign on the right telling you it is coming up and then a very SMALL sign on the Left side for El Matador. If you get to Leo Carrillo State Beach, then you went too far and will have to back track. There is a parking lot that you will need to pay $5 (don't not pay as the ticket is $30 and they will ticket you.) The bathrooms are by the parking lot only and it's a bit of a walk down to the beach (but totally worth it).



No comments: