Monday, November 3, 2008

Another Crazy November Starts Off with a Bang!


November is notoriously one of the busiest months for photographers. Surprisingly it is a very popular month for weddings (mostly because the weather gets a bit cooler and locations drop their prices) and it is holiday portrait month. Add to that my being a new mom, and I have myself one busy month ahead. The first of the month brought with it the wonderful wedding of two police officers, Hayley and Todd. It rained for most of the day, but we were able to get some shots at their reception. (Look back soon to see some of my initial edits!) Once home from their event, I promptly backed up all their images to three hard drives (one portable and two standard) burned a couple DVDs and then formatted all my CF cards for the November 2nd portraits. I started my morning off at Crossroads Community Church where I photographed 27 family portraits, then it was off to El Matador Beach in Malibu for this year's first ever "speed dating" portrait session with 9 student photographers and 9 families. It was a little bit of organized chaos with families and photographers being paired up for 10-15 minute mini sessions over the course of 2 hours. As the instructor and coordinator of this event I feel like, all in all, it went pretty well! The families had a great time and my students learned a ton about shooting "candid" portraits at the more-difficult-than-you-might-think beach setting. I'm off to a great start for another hectic November!

No comments: