Thursday, February 12, 2009

On Gratitude

I was hit today on the drive to La Canada with an overwhelming sense of gratitude. Gratitude towards the life I have been blessed with. My husband, Tim, my little man, Jacob, my wonderful sister, mom, and dad, all my nephews, in-laws, and step family have all created aspects of my life that have made me who I am. I am ridiculously thankful for what I get to do for a living and laugh (out loud at times) at how many fun things I get to be a part of. Here are a few things that bring me joy:

Shoot Weddings: I get to play with some of the best people on Earth on their most joyous day of their life to date.

Teach: I can honestly say teaching brings light and life into my day. I get to teach at three campuses in Southern California and they all pull at different creative strings. Art Center College of Design in Pasadena for Bookbinding, College of the Canyons in Valencia for Wedding Photography, and Flintridge Preparatory School for Yearbook Design.

Be a Mom: Jacob is my love love love! He is now 13 months old and is quite possibly the cutest little man ever. Tim and I have a ton of fun with him, and I am sooooo grateful that he is an easy baby that LETS me do everything I do (with a little help, okay a lot of help from his dad!)

I have some of the best friends, colleagues, employees, and students anyone could ask for. Thank you to my collaborators in life! I wish you all the success you deserve and more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gratitude is a great thing.

A little off the subject, but related--read this: Getting the Picture

It's the best article I've ever read on what it means to be a wedding photographer.