Monday, February 16, 2009

Juicing

The "I cannot believe I Just Drank That" Drink

A healthy photographer is one who can get in and out of situations with ease, and has enough energy to shoot an entire 14 hour day on their feet without skipping a beat. Drinking alcohol and smoking are out of the question if you are a wedding photographer (not good for business.) Even caffeine users may come up against some issues during a wedding when you cannot get a fix in. So, with that in mind, here is a good way to detoxify your life, shed some pounds, and have a ton more energy.
Every time I want to kick off better eating habits or rid my taste buds of my insane cravings for sugar (namely ice cream) I juice. I swear, within a day I have no more cravings for anything bad. You might even consider a 2-3 day juice fast. It will change your life. Try it, you may surprise yourself.
Here are a few great recipes that are quite good despite the ingredients (Jacob, my 13 month old loves every one, so you are sure to as well!)

The "Staple" Juice Drink (if you have never juiced before.)
4 Carrots and 2 Apples (core the Apples and cut the leaf end off the Carrots)

The "Tropical Breakfast"
4 Carrots, 2 Apples, 1/4 Pineapple (I have this for breakfast almost every day)

The "I Now Love Kale" Drink (who thought you could actually like kale, this one is so good you will want it every day!)
4 Kale leaves, 2 handfuls of Spinach (balled up tightly,) 5 inches of Cucumber, 1 apple, 1 pear, 1/4 Pineapple

The "I cannot believe I Just Drank That" Drink
2 handfuls of baby lettuce with dark green leaves and spinach, 1 Beat with the leaves, 2 Carrots, 1 cup Broccoli heads, 4 Asparagus stalks, 5 inches of Cucumber, 2 Granny Smith Apples (the green ones,) 1/4 Pineapple. (Okay, so I HATE beats and this drink was great! Jacob drank it down although be careful because it is red red red! Stains very easily.)

Tip #1: Try to buy everything organic if you are doing a fast for pure detoxing results.

Tip #2: Pineapple makes everything that is bitter taste good.

Tip #3: Run your green leafy vegis through first (ball them up really good) then collect them in the out shoot and run them through again with Carrots to push them through.

The "Tropical Breakfast"

No comments: