Thursday, February 5, 2009

For the Love of....


Macro!
Ok, I know it is a bit cheese but I love to take macro nature photography like so many other photographers out there. It is one of those things that truly makes me happy. I have never had a macro lens in the past because some of my other lenses will render pretty nice shots close up. On of my principal shooters, a, recommended this little gem that I wrote a post on a few months ago; the Sigma 50mm. There is a Canon lens that is a little better but it is a 100mm and is quite big and bulky. The point of the Sigma is that it is SMALL! I will only use it to shoot the ring shots so it doesn't make sense to buy ANOTHER big lens to lug around all day just for one shot. Here are a few shots from my mom's garden during my family birthday party.


1 comment:

Bob Ellis Photography said...

Love your work Jen. Haven't forgotten about you. Will write you soon.