Monday, September 8, 2008

My Muse, Jacob

Jacob, my 8 month old little guy, is so much fun to photograph. He has truly become my muse. I so lucked out by having a kid that likes to smile and puts up with my camera in his face all the time. I was asked last week by a student of mine how many photos I have taken of him. I haven't added them all up yet, but to date I have done close to 70 photo shoots of him. Not just a few snap shots here and there, but actual set up, thought out shoots with anywhere from 40-300 shots each shoot. Everything from sticking him in a cooking pot on the floor to his newest shoot today in an authentic Japanese Kimono brought back as a gift from a family friend. His grandmother, Kiyo (Tim's mom) is from Japan making Jake is a quarter Japanese. Sadly, most of the Japanese has washed out but you can see it in his eyes sometimes. He looks so much like his dad, only a much lighter version.






1 comment:

Family Curator said...

Hi Jen, I love your new photo blog... esp this posting about Baby Jacob. What a show-stealer.

How about some tips for a workable digital work-flow? I am stuck with pictures in my PC, need to organize in folders w/metatags or something. How to pros handle it?